Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Bus


So I’m sitting on the bus,
As you do, talking to the man next to me.
They’d sent me a list of things to take
On the trip a few weeks ago.

I’d packed everything they recommended:
Integrity – Check
Happiness – Check
Personality – Check
Intelligence – Check
Talent – Check
And I’m thinking to myself that this time is going
To be good.

Then the celestial steward came on and explained to us all, but mostly for the benefit of the newbies who hadn’t done this before..

“Welcome to the bus of life – we’ll be dropping you off at your allocated life. As you know when you leave the bus you’ll forget everything about the bus and where you came from. We’ll see you all on the other side. Have a great life and remember folks to enjoy yourselves.”

I heard them shouting what I thought was my stop and so I rushed to the door and it was just as I was leaving I heard the driver shout it was the wrong stop..
Crap.....here we go again.




bobby stevenson 2012i

2 comments:

  1. This is so good. Short, witty and an ending where I can feel myself trying to grab you back onto the bus!! Thoroughly enjoyed reading this Bobby! NB. Where are you these days, missing from Jottify????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Sandra. I am so busy writing and ghost writing that I never get on to Jottify as much as I want to. I still read a lot of the work on there. Take care, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...