Friday 9 November 2012

Remembering......



Last Letter On A Rainy Day

And I have laid thee down my love,
In a bed of silk and lace,
And a garland for your hair my love,
And a warm wind for your face,
And I would give you ships my love,
And stars to guide you by,
But will not watch you growing old,
And you will not watch me die.


The Wire Dancers

The tune you hear is from another place that causes you to dance and sway in the darkness. 
So when the bright lights dull and the gun-driven music plays no more, I will cut you down my friend and let you rest. Your job here is done. 

Sleep well.





bobby stevenson 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...