Friday 31 March 2023

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.
 
So I lie there and wonder if my lucky dip has won the Lottery, and I decide that it has. Until I find out otherwise. So I will buy that villa in Barbados and the flat in the city. And I can see the smiles on my pals’ faces as I hand them cheques for lots of money.
 
No one I know is sick or unwell. They have all recovered during the night. Friends and family are all happy to a soul. Nothing is out of place. Nothing sad has occurred.
 
The sun is shining brightly and a gust of wind shoots in the window with a smell of the sea and takes my breath away. I feel at peace.
 
Another new morning in Deal and (for now) the world is a perfect place to be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for the impact your blog has had on my learning journey.

    ReplyDelete

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...