Monday 9 May 2022

I WISH I HAD FALLEN MORE

I wish I had fallen more,
It would have shown I was trying harder than I should,
I wished I had pushed more doors open, cried more often,
Listened more, started more fights, started more smiles,
Made more friends, held more people,
Dried more tears, caused more fun.
Wished I had laughed more,
Until the pee ran down my leg,
I wished I had said ‘sorry’ more,
Talked to more hearts,
Wished I had fallen more,
Got rejected by more strangers,
It would have shown I was trying,
Wished I had failed more,
It would have meant I was alive,
I just wish I had fallen more.
 
bobby stevenson 2022

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...