Thursday 7 April 2016

The Boy Who Told Stories



A 100 word story which Readers' Digest put on their website.

That harsh winter came without warning which meant that we spent so much of our time indoors. I knew him as the man who gave away money. He was a friend of the family and, as such, was always in our home. 
“Tell me another story”, he would say, and I had those stories by the hundreds. 
“Ask the boy”, my father would tell folks, “He can conjure up such wonderful worlds”. 
I always wondered what happened to the man. I hear tell that he left his family and went to London; imagine that, our Mister Shakespeare in London Town.

bobby stevenson 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...