Wednesday 23 March 2016

Tonight

Tonight I saw a solar storm,
Which brought the heavens to its knees,
And seared the eyes and hearts of those who watched.
I tasted nectar and ambrosia.
And sat with kings and gods,
And talked of words with Shakespeare.

Tonight I flew with Orville Wright,
And gasped,
As air beneath us passed.
Then ran across the Milky Way,
And shouted at the stars.

Tonight, I fought my enemy,
At the battle of the Somme,
And wept where comrades fell
Somewhere beyond the poppy fields.

Tonight I sat with Einstein,
And over tea,
We talked of time and space,
Then he smiled and laughed with me.

Tonight I tasted life and cried
And swept the universe entire,
Which sat inside my head
And you ask me why
I write.


bobby stevenson 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...