Thursday 6 June 2013

Path & Road

We Walked A Path Once
We walked a path once,
You and I,
And shared some gentle time while basking in the sun,
We walked a road once,
You and I,
Fighting with the storms that blew upon our way,
We walked a highway once,
You and I,
And dealt with all the loss and hurt that fell before us,
We walked the Earth once,
You and I,
And broke with everything that Heaven threw in our direction,
But now the time has come for the parting of the ways,
And you will take one path and I will hold the other,
And we will walk the Universe,
You and I,
But with other souls as company.

The Dust Road
As they drove the last few miles, the wind grew warmer
And he closed his eyes, fixing his mind on that evening
When they celebrated with a party
Everyone was there that night, alive and well
Taking joy in each others' company
Never thinking that things would change so much
That fixed point in his head was where he ran to
When the days were cold and bare
Perhaps he repainted the colours every time he visited
But it was his to do as he wished,
For there he was truly, truly happy,
That one perfect night before his world crumbled
And turned to dust.


bobby stevenson 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...