Wednesday 8 May 2013

Something Wonderful

Something wonderful flew in the through the window
Just as the darkness painted the room -

A blue electric thunderbolt
Crackled its way as it danced across the floor
And lit every corner
The hairs on my neck stood up and cried
We are alive, it shouted, we are alive. 

Something wonderful burst into the room
And blew the very oxygen through it all
Then lifted me as high as the farthest roof
Putting me down just as kindly

Something wonderful came in through the window today
- It was a second chance
And it wasn’t unwanted
Nor was it unwelcome.





bobby stevenson 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...