Wednesday 25 May 2016

On Some Quiet Smiling Day


I know nothing of the rules you use,
Or the gods,
Or stars you live by
All I know is how I’ve done,
How I’ve kept,
My peace within,
I’ve never been the best of men,
And many times I’ve failed in all I was.
But on some quiet smiling day,
I’ve tried to help,
And telling no one,
Leave something,
Better than it’s found.
I know nothing of the buildings that you pray in,
Or the books you live through,
All I know is I try to be kind
To be decent, to understand,
To care.
Sometimes that is not enough,I know.
But I’ll never stop trying.


bobby stevenson 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...