Monday 12 May 2014

The Life Coach

So I’m sitting on the coach - as you do, 
Talking to the man next to me.
They’d sent me a list of things to take on the trip
Several weeks ago.

I’d packed everything they recommended:
Integrity – Check
Happiness – Check
Personality – Check
Intelligence – Check
Talent – Check
And I’m thinking to myself that this time,
It's going to be the best.

It was then that the celestial steward came on and explained to us all, but mostly for the benefit of the newbies who hadn’t done this before..

“Welcome to the coach of life – we’ll be dropping you off at your allocated life. As you know, when you leave the coach you’ll forget everything about the coach and where you came from. We’ll see you all on the other side. Have a great life and remember folks to enjoy yourselves.”

I heard them shouting what I thought was my stop and so I rushed to the door and it was just as I was leaving that I heard the driver shout it was the wrong stop..

Crap.....here I go again.


bobby stevenson 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Place To Be

Another new morning in Deal. I haven’t checked the telephone, and I sure as hell haven’t switched on the TV with all that news.   So I lie t...